Tuesday, July 25, 2006

 

Will the Real Last Living Munchkin Please Stand Up (and Win a Dance Contest)?


Today, Deadspin notes the Royals' transformation into a minor league team neared completion when they brought out the last living munchkin to throw out the first pitch, and then he later won a backpack in a dance contest.

Now, because I am a geek for everything and I've already admitted this, I spent the weekend at the world's largest comic book convention.* There, I passed up several opportunities to get a signature from a real, live munchkin, who I seem to remember billing himself as the last living munchkin.

There are two munchkins who are still alive and they're competing with each other? Shouldn't the Royals' PR staff have figured that out already?

Kansas City is even a failure at embarrasing itself. That takes some doing.

*I was in costume as "relatively normal girl in jeans who obviously spends too much time on her hair."

Comments:
Hi Stevie, love your site. I vow that I will get to the bottom of this Munchkin controversy.

-- Rick Chandler
Deadspin
 
The last living munchkin was at the Mn. state fair eating fire in the sideshow! his name is Poobah!I have pics.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?