Monday, July 24, 2006

 

Bernie Brewer Dumps a Cold One on Pittsburgh


Everybody loves a pitcher's duel. There wasn't one in Milwaukee tonight, though. The Pirates opened the first inning with a two-run homer by Jason Bay, and then everything went downhill as the Brewers got nine men up to bat in the bottom of the inning. By the fifth, the score was 12-3, and Bernie Brewer had gone down the slide three times, powered by two, two-run homers from Bill Hall (and another two-run homer courtesy Carlos Lee). Being Milwaukee, the final score was 12-8, but still. Not a good night for Pittsburgh. Don't take my word for it; long-suffering Pat at Where Have You Gone, Andy Van Slyke? says it best:

IN GAME MUSING (10:16)- I have never seen a team play as badly as the Brewers have and still have a 6 run lead in the 6th inning. I know I'm prone to exaggeration and hyperbole from time to time, but I'm being dead serious right now. If I watch much more of this I think my eyes will start bleeding.
Why does the NL Central even exist?

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?